October 21, 2009

Explorers off the Beaten Path


I recently met Ancien Model on Myspace, a project inspired by the urban photography of Henk Van Rensberge, horror and science fiction, painting fictional landscapes and scenarios through the electro-compositions. I was fascinated why Mr. Stone wished not to perform or sell any of his music. 


Communicating with Ancien Model at Myspace, I learned his reasons. Still I enjoy the work he has created and wished to speak of this project while providing a link to his work for your interest.


I enjoyed the music and concept behind Ancien Model's music so much, I decided to portray the music of my friend, Twilight Ritual member - G. LeMonk, on my Myspace profile to accompany my photographs. When I first met Monk, I was fascinated with his interest in EVP and the infusion of the paranormal into his soundscapes inclusive to the Shadow Monastery projects. 

Both LeMonk and Ancien Model explore novel soundscapes. Their explorations have taken us off the beaten path. It's wonderful to see how photography, in part, inspired Ancien Model project; and how music alternatively inspires art work such as in installations. I am an explorer of a different sort, and so it's a pleasure to have the exploratory compositions of LeMonk as part of my visuals.


I think it would be wonderful for you to visit their work; plus, although I cannot write a lot more on each artist now, please visit my musician friend - another exploratory artist - THE Count Duckula.  His compositions are an eclectic joy.


You may also wish to support the Count at Reverbnation. And a photographer contact at Flickr that impressed upon me: 
Antonis Liokouras - Please visit his interview as artist of the week at the Public Republic where it's possible to view some of his work in photo nostalgia.

 

(Photo included: Chasing Orbs at Dixmont)

1 comment:

- said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
-Henri Cartier-Bresson-

Public Commons

We see the beauty in decay and the shadowed dreams of the forgotten.