March 26, 2010

Spring 2010 Abandoned Truck Revisited

Every season I go see my "beloved" truck; I suppose I sometimes call it a car unaware. What do I know? It is beauty in decay to me... I asked my friend recently why don't you go out and see it too, take some photos? He says because you have hundreds of them, why I need to go too?

I guess I see something he does not. That's ok.

The decay continues to mount and it seems rapidly to me. It's not a silent creeping. At least not any longer.

I am sad for the day that I will not have easy access to my beloved truck, still waiting for the perfect moment of lighting and season ... It's strange, but I enjoy this small pleasure ... Perhaps I've enjoyed the easy pleasure of having it nearby, always "there" ? Such a small comfort in a world always changing. Always tearing things down.

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
-Henri Cartier-Bresson-

Public Commons

We see the beauty in decay and the shadowed dreams of the forgotten.